Department of Psychiatry in ASRAM is a multidisciplinary centre for patient care and academic pursuit in the field of mental health.
It is providing high standards of clinical care, quality training and cutting-edge research in the frontier areas. Our motive is for comprehensive patient care, manpower development and research, to addresses societal needs.
It is the combination of research and training with promotive, preventive and curative aspects of clinical services in Mental Health.
- To create awareness and training in undergraduates and post graduates on mental health sciences.
- To attain self sufficiency in postgraduates in medical education.
- Undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in mental health sciences.
- Producing mental health professionals psychiatrist.
- Research in mental health.
- Health care : preventive, promotive and curative; primary, secondary & tertiary.
Psychiatry department has 40 beds in – patient care and there is daily walk- in- clinic for general adult patients, child psychiatry patients and addiction patients from morning 9.00 am to 4.00 pm excluding Sundays.
The following services are provided by the department:
- General Adult Psychiatry: Daily Outpatient and Inpatient services, and round the clock emergency services
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry: Daily Outpatient and Inpatient services, and round the clock emergency services
- Special Clinics: Include weekly, Marital and Psychosexual Clinic, Mental Disability Clinic
- Community Psychiatry services
- Consultation liaison Psychiatry services: Daily and round the clock emergency service
- Drug Deaddictionoutpatient and inpatient services: Daily outpatient and inpatient service.
Services are provided by a multi-disciplinary team comprising of psychiatrist, clinical psychologist, social workers, psychiatric nurses, and occupational therapist.
1.Dr.V.Anusha Reddy bagged gold medal for paper presentation in AP MEDICAL COUNCIL CME held at ASRAM APRIL 8 2018.
- Dr.Meena kumari bagged first prize for paper presentation in AP PSYCON from 8/7/17 to 9/7//17 at Ananthapur.
3.1st prize for poster presentation – Dr.Navyatha,1st year PG,(MD) psychiatry – in AP PSYCON – Kurnool,2015