- This department is a comprehensive centre for the management of Trauma, Orthopaedic diseases and Physical Medicine. Admits Six M.S. Ortho & Three D. Ortho P. G students per year.
- Adequate space, infrastructure and equipment in place for the department.
- High academic standards and discipline maintained in the department.
- Ours is the only Medical college among the two Telugu speaking states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana which has a ultra modern “ORTHO SKILLS LAB”. Where a P.G student practices before operating on a patient.
- Well established comprehensive Ortho Museum available
- 3 P.G. students stood as a Runners-up in a Quiz competition conducted at 45th Annual State Ortho Conference OSSAPCON-2016 at Ranga Raya Medical College Kakinada held in March 2016.
- Department has registered cent percent results in both M.S & D. Ortho degree exams during the last three years.
- 20 publications were published in various National & International journals in the past 3 years by the faculty of the department.
- Ours is the only department who conducts regularly the annual CME by name “COME- ASRAM” every year in the month of September from 2008 onwards, apart from university stipulated Zonal CME’s. This years CME would be 9th in succession.
- A good Physiotherapy department is available to cater to the Orthopaedic patients
- We maintained reasonably high standard of research work documented as dissertations by P.G. students.
- Faculty and P.G. students regularly attend State & National level work shops, CME’s, Instructional Course lectures and Annual conferences.
Dr. G. Kishore Roy,
M.S.(Ortho) Prof & H O D