The department of Ophthalmology started functioning as part of the ASRAM hospital in 1999.
It has gained reputation for providing tertiary care services free of cost for all the patients of West Godavari District and neighboring districts of Khammam and Krishna.
Facilities:The clinical facilities include cataract, cornea, retina, glaucoma, paediatric ophthalmology, squint, oculoplasty and neuro ophthalmology services.
- UG teaching program for MBBS
- PG teaching program ofr MS(Ophthalmology) and Diploma in Ophthalmology
- Clinical facilities including Cataract, Cornea, Retina, Glaucoma, Pediatric Ophthalmology and Squint, Oculoplasty, Neuro Ophthalmology services
- Community outreach camps for Cataract and Diabetic retinopathy
- Excellent infrastructure and faculty with two units
- Students shown live surgeries through video attachments to surgical microscopes for better understanding of concepts in Ophthalmology
- Wet lab facility for Post graduate students
Due to excellent training by experienced faculty from reputed institutions the post graduate state. program is the most sought after among the private medical colleges of the state.